Monday, February 8, 2010

Blog due Feb. 9th



After spending more time in Life Drawing, I realize that I have a fundamental difference in my technique and how I approach a drawing. To me, it's all about finality. For example, when I find a new musical artist I like, I feel an obligation to own every single CD they've ever made. When it comes to playing a video game, I try to complete the game 100%, finding every secret etc. Similarly, I find then when I start one of my own drawings, I always have the end product and it's final appearance already decided upon in my mind. The techniques we practice in Life Drawing are very different, because it isn't about the pursuit of a final drawing that looks as good as it can possibly look. I'm learning to see and process my information differently than before, and hopefully that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment